I bet everybody knows what industrial style is. It’s a quite aesthetically pleasing yet not the most popular trend in kitchen design. It takes clues from old industrial spaces that are converted into living spaces. That as simplify the process of designing a kitchen as make it harder.
The cool thing that you can leave such things as brick walls, concrete floors, weathered wood, ventilation pipes, and aging metal exposed. If you don’t have these things in your interior it might be a complicated task to fake them right. Although there are plenty of tutorials nowadays showing how you can do that.
Here are some more things I’d recommend you to consider for your industrial kitchen:
- Retro-looking appliances. SMEG’s fridges is a great example of such appliances.
- Industrial light fixtures. There are plenty of good options you can buy nowadays. Even at IKEA you can find several good pieces.
- Industrial kitchen island. There are plety of ways to design such island. You can even upgrade the one you have already. The most popular way is to cover its sides with rustic wood planks. Although you won’t be disappointed if you go with the concrete one.
- Industrial kitchen faucet. There aren’t many models you can buy nowadays. Although Kohler has some beautiful modern faucets that can fit your kitchen well. They are also quite flexible and practical.
- Use bare metal pipes. There are plenty of things you can do with them. You can use they as support for shelves, as railings, as part of light fixtures and so on. A lot of decor and storage problems could be solved with them.
- Use commercial range appliances. Large cooking hoods and stoves fit really well into industrial kitchens.
Other industrial kitchen furniture
Besides an island you should definitely consider a rustic table and several vintage chairs. They could also become a great focal point. Different stationary and mobile carts also work well and could serve several purposes at once. As for the cabinets, with the right surroundings you can go with very modern, sleek, glossy cabinets and your kitchen would look great. Although stainless steel cabinets is also an option to consider.
Btw, don’t forget to add a bunch of rustic floating shelves. They add a cozy touch to any kitchen.
Vintage industrial style kitchen
shelves for an industrial kitchen
This is a style that is all about raw textural beauty at its diverse best. In simpler terms, think brick, tiled and even concrete walls while planning for the industrial kitchen. Brick walls obviously are a favorite among homeowners and currently lead the pack, but do not forget the value of exposed steel surfaces and the right flooring, which elevate the kitchen to a whole new level.